The British Library had a problem that many organisations will recognise. Their 'roadmap' was an assemblage of Excel and PowerPoint documents and had failed to engage the business. Also, the dependencies within projects were unclear.
This work has led to an excellent and collaborative relationship between the two organisations, which will hopefully continue for many years to come.
“We were absolutely delighted with the roadmap.”
Chief Architect British Library After years of unchecked growth and integration within internal finance, BT had a problem. The company had several siloed finance systems that no longer aligned with the different functional areas of the business.
In particular, there was no centralised reference data architecture, governance or data quality – leading to significant issues with reporting.
• An architecture roadmap to move the IFRS15 Data Warehouse into the cloud
• An assessment of integration points and patterns with a delivery roadmap
• A customer Journey
• An architecture blueprint focusing on the redevelopment of business processes to significantly reduce the reliance on shadow IT. This major UK retailer came to Konvergent with a big problem: how could they reconnect with stakeholders and establish the next set of priorities for their finance transformation programme. They felt that Kovergent’s expertise in Business Architecture consulting made them well-suited to this task.
Using the Konvergent approach, Tesco’s finance architecture team compiled a 3-year roadmap that addressed their highest priorities while ensuring stakeholders remained engaged along the way.
The new roadmap quickly identified the scope for investment in new platforms to support future development and identified opportunities to retire riskier technologies. It also showed TCO for the first time and allowed for a streamlined portfolio.
The easy-to-understand architecture visualisations engaged stakeholders in a whole new way. They helped Tesco reimagine architecture – moving away from a reliance on architecture tools for visual presentations. Konvergent was engaged by the Group CIO, following a personal recommendation. Our task was to help Slater and Gordon evolve its reactionary and somewhat old-fashioned IT department into one that would meet the needs of a fast-paced international law firm.
Konvergent delivered significant objectives that supported their transformation. In particular, we helped them develop the following:
• A target operating model, particularly in the domains of information and IT systems
• A TDA function providing assurance for Solution Architecture
• A technology roadmap to support and enable the target operating model.
See how Konvergent is reimagining the architecture roadmap